I love my crock pot.
I sincerely hope you own one because they are amazing.
Being able to assemble a meal quickly in the morning or during naps and then to have it simmering all day is perfection.
No hot oven on, no cooking during the crazy pre-dinner hour, easy clean-up? Yes, please.
With fall around the corner, I know I will be using my crockpot more!
Here are a few of my fave crockpot recipes:
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Crockpot English Apple Cider (my family recipe)
- Sweet and Sour Pork: Pork shoulder or rump, onion, green peppers, pineapple chunks, sweet and sour sauce
- Chicken Chili: Grilled or cooked chicken, salsa, pepperjack cheese, cannelloni beans
- Chicken for other recipes: Chicken, seasoning, chicken broth
- Pot Roast: Any roast meat, carrots, potatoes, seasonings, beef broth
- Ham and White Beans
- Moroccan Lentil Soup
- Chicken for Tacos: Chicken breast, chicken broth, taco seasoning, chopped onion.
We had a busy week this past week and our Menu got pushed into this week, but we did enjoy a meal that i had doubled and frozen a few weeks back. It was delish!
We also enjoyed Cobb salads (a favorite “Easy” meal around here”, and taco night with friends among other items.
We had lots of eggs, egg and cheese open-faced bagels, oatmeal with strawberries, fried potatoes, and pancakes and bacon for breakfasts!
I’m looking forward to polishing off that chocolate cake, making a quiche for breakfast this week as well as some apple cinnamon muffins, and to some delicious and simple dinners this week as well!
What’s on your menu? Any favorite crock-pot recipes to share?